School Online Learning Coordinator and Guidance Expectations
- At a minimum, students should log into the course the every day and work on their assignments.
- Be responsible for keeping up with the course assignments, deadlines and completion of the course.
- Use your active CHCCS email account. If they do not have one, the students may need to work with the school Technology Facilitator to obtain one.
- Be autonomous learners and self-motivated to manage their own learning environment.
- Be independent learners moving at their own pace enjoying the learning process.
- Be able to organize and manage their time well.
- Be computer literate with a working knowledge of email, the Internet, and basic keyboarding skills.
- Use email and discussion forums to communicate with peers and instructors.
- Be able to write clearly to communicate ideas and complete assignments.
- Have a strong commitment to learn and achieve through online courses in order to achieve academic success.
- Access parental support to ensure that they are successful online learners achieving academic success.
- The Online Learning Coordinator and Guidance Counselor of the school will ensure that the student has met the proper prerequisites.
- Ensure that the Parent and Student contact information (email and phone number) are correctly listed on the eLearning Permission form.
- Act as the point of contact for the students and the parents.
- Ensure that students have the needed materials.
- Ensure that students have access to a computer and internet access.
- Contact the student on a daily basis the first week of the course or until the student has logged in and completed their first assignment.
- Contact the student once a week (by face to face meeting, email or phone) throughout the course.
- Assist NCVPS teachers in contacting students if there is a problem.
- All students taking online courses at school must have equal access to computers, Internet connections, and other resources necessary for taking an online course.
- Direct the student to the NCVPS Help Desk or the NCVPS Peer Tutoring site if the student is having difficulties.
- Home schools will administer the end of course tests.